Last updated on: 1st August 2018
Here at Virgin Orbit (“Virgin Orbit”, “we” or “us”), we pride ourselves on building quality relationships with our customers and we take your privacy seriously. We’re committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you give us and we will comply with all relevant data protection legislation and related applicable US legislation.
We are proud to give you access to VirginOrbit.com (our “Website”) and, in return, we may collect, use and share your personal information in accordance with this Policy and the Terms and Conditions found on our Website to give you the best user experience. We will only use personal information in a manner permitted by relevant data protection legislation.
Note that you can adjust your internet browser settings if you want more individual control when visiting our Website. If you do set your browser to reject cookies, it might affect your experience on the Website.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is transferred from our Website and App and stored on your device. The cookie is placed there to recognize your browser or remember specific information about your browser if you return to our Website. This enables us to load and operate the Website more effectively to reflect your personal preferences.
What cookies do we use?
When you visit the Website or App, the following types of cookies may be downloaded to your device:
-Analytical and Performance Cookies
Analytical and Performance cookies are used to allow the Website to recognize users when they return to the Website and to remember certain information about their preferences. These cookies stay on your device permanently until you manually delete them. We may use analytics service providers for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about the use of the Website by using cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how often visitors return to the Website, how long they stay and how visitors move around our Website, to help us improve the way our Website works and make it easier for users to navigate. The information may be used to create reports about the use of the Website and the analytics service provider will store this information.
-Advertising and Targeting Cookies
Advertising and Targeting cookies are used in order to allow users to carry information across pages of the Website, without having to re-enter such information. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to other sites. We will use this information to try and make our Website and App more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with others, such as other Virgin companies and carefully selected third parties, for this purpose. These cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave a website and go to another, or when you shut down your browser.
These cookies allow us to remember choices you have made on the Website and App (such as language) to provide you with a more enhanced user experience by delivering content specific to your interests.
-Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are required for the administration and operation of our Website and App. Some cookies that we use are necessary for our Website to function properly and to enable you to move around the Website and use its features.
-Third Party Cookies
Because we have a strong presence on various social networks, we try and make it as easy as possible to share content and to see what content is popular on those networks. We add buttons to allow people to easily share to those networks. When we include these social media ‘plugins’, it gives those third party sites the flexibility to use their own cookies. These third parties can’t read any cookies we set from the Website or App, and we can’t read any cookies they set, but it lets them track the same kind of traffic measuring that we do, and it also lets them know whether you’re logged into their site.
As of August 1, 2018, we use the following third party cookies:
- MailChimp – Email distribution
- Google Analytics – Web Analytics
- Twitter – Advertising Targeting
- Facebook Social Graph – Social Comment publishing
- Facebook Social Plugins – Advertising Targeting
- Facebook Custom Audience – Advertising Targeting
- YouTube.com – Video Player
- Google Tag Manager – Tag Manger
- LinkedIn – Advertising Targeting
How do I turn cookies off?
To change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies, consult the “Help” section of your browser. Please note that if you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features on our Website or App.
What information do we collect if you sign up for our newsletter?
If you sign up to receive our newsletter, we will collect personal information from you as is necessary for the newsletter service, namely your email address.
How will we use your information?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To change or improve the Website, App, Virgin Orbit’s services, and other programs and operations
- To help us make the Website, App and other related content available to you (please see the “Will we share your information with anyone else?” section below for more information)
- To make the Website and App more relevant for you and our other visitors. This includes sometimes requesting personal information from you to help us run and develop our website and associated functions
- To send you communications about Virgin Orbit, including our newsletter if you have signed up to receive it
- To carry out occasional surveys to analyze our user base — ultimately we want to ensure that the Website and App provides everything that you — our audience — are looking for
- To respond to your questions and comments
- To check whether you are eligible for a competition and to contact you if you win
- To comply with the law
- As we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests
How long do we keep your information?
There are certain reasons that we may need to keep your information. We keep your information while you are registered with us so that we are able to provide services to you, but we also keep it after you’ve left us, though only for as long as we need it. How long we keep your information depends on the type of information you provide and the purpose for which we need it. We also have to take into account our legal obligations in respect of how long we keep that data.
You can request that we delete your personal information at any time by writing to info@VirginOrbit.com.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
- You specifically request this, such as when you submit information to inquire about jobs or submit a job application through the Website
- We are required to do so to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
- We feel it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests
- We feel that other Virgin companies products and services may interest you
- It helps our trusted third party service providers to provide and improve our service to you or to carry out surveys and user analysis to understand your needs and preferences. We will also share your information with MailChimp, who securely host emails and act as a supplier to distribute our newsletter. We contractually require these service providers keep your personal information safe and secure. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal information for the purposes we specify.
We may share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties and other Virgin companies – but as of July 2018, we don’t share information with third parties that are not anonymized, so you won’t be identifiable from that data.
Will we ever rent or sell your information?
We will never rent or sell your information to any organization or individual.
What is the policy if you submit a request through the “Plan Your Mission” page?
Can you post information on our Website or App?
The Website and App do not allow users to comment on content displayed on the Website or App.
How will we make sure our Website and App are secure?
We follow strict security procedures to manage how your personal information is stored, used, who sees it and to help stop any unauthorized person from getting ahold of it. All personal information you provide via our Website or App will be located behind a firewall. We take security extremely seriously, but as no system is 100% secure, we can’t completely guarantee the protection of your personal information any more than any other organization can. So we can’t accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the personal information which you’ve registered on our Website or App if there is a security breach.
What about personal information relating to minors?
Protecting the online privacy of children is especially important to us. If you are under 18 years old, please do not provide us with your name, contact details or any other information about yourself.
Are you protected by this policy outside our Website?
Our Website contains links to other websites. Obviously, we don’t have any control over those websites and we cannot take any responsibility for any information you give them. Other sites have different privacy and security policies and terms and conditions, so we advise you to read these before using them.
You can request the personal information we hold about you at any time. You can write to us at the following address requesting your personal information.
Virgin Orbit, LLC
4022 E Conant Street
Long Beach, CA 90808
You can also write us if you have questions about whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing the personal information we hold on you, what personal information we hold, details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information or details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared. You can also request that we correct any personal information which we hold about you that is inaccurate.
We may ask you to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal information – so we can prevent unauthorized access.
Talk to us
We are obliged by our legal eagles to state that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Virgin Orbit nor any other Virgin company will be liable to you or to any third party for any loss or damage resulting from any content posted on a Virgin Orbit site or mobile app.